Patent Infringement Analysis, Investigations, Claim Chart Mapping, Reverse Engineering, Product Teardown and Expert Witness Services
IEC & Associates can assist your organization in pre-suit technical patent infringement analysis, reverse engineering and product teardown descriptions. In addition, we can provide responsive prior art analysis during the pre-trial and negotiation phases of your suit. Using circuit analysis, process analysis and system analysis, our consultants can support infringement allegations based upon a device’s design, implementation, construction and end use. As such, we provide a one-stop resource tailored to reduce the cost, time and complexity of the analysis process. We are committed to our clients and strive to provide extremely detailed, easy to understand reports and opinions in an unbiased, prompt and cost effective manner, always following established best practice engineering principles, ensuring repeatable and defensible results. We specialize in electrical and electronic systems, products, devices and software implementation. Our Rates and Fees schedules are very competitive.
We have the necessary patent related education and broad technical expertise required for IP enforcement cases. This allows our experts to provide professional opinions, reports and expert testimony and ensures justice is served by scientific and accurate determination of the facts.
Our mission to provide excellent service for patent infringement investigation, analysis, reverse engineering and product teardown will enable you to efficiently and cost effectively litigate cases. We serve law firms and corporate clients.
“IEC&A supplied my client with infringement claim charts for 1/3 the cost of the major reverse engineering firms and in far less time. The quality of the infringement analysis was excellent and, as a result, my client was able to negotiate a favorable contingency fee agreement with a major IP law firm and obtain a substantial investment in the enforcement effort." Mr. Eric Halber - IP Litigation Enforcement Attorney
Our service model includes:
- Patent expert analysis and investigations are conducted for clients (legal entities and individuals) on a contractual basis.
- Scientific research devoted to theoretical and methodological issues of forensic examination.
- Patent information and marketing research, development and ensuring legal protection of intellectual property, inventions, patents, and utility models.
- Technical and economic analysis and appraisal of Intellectual and private property.
- Defend and counter a claim of infringement against your firm.
- Identify other patents or products that infringe against your patent.
- Using circuit analysis, product teardowns, process analysis and system analysis, our consultants can identify intellectual property disputes based upon a device’s design, implementation, construction and end-use.
Technical Services and Capabilities:
- Circuit Analysis
- Circuit Extraction
- Claim Chart Mapping
- Competitive Analysis and Benchmarking
- Expert Witness
- Firmware Disassembly
- Functional Analysis
- Maximizing ROI
- Patent Claim Mapping
- Patent Consultations, Examinations and Infringement Avoidance
- Patent Infringement and Patent Validity Analysis
- Patent Reexaminations
- Process Analysis
- Product Characterization
- Product Interoperability
- Product Mapping
- Product Teardowns
- Reverse Code Engineering (RCE)
- Reverse Engineering (RE)
- Software Analysis
- System Level Analysis
Our current focus is in handheld computing (communications devices, systems, and services), networking and telecommunications, integrated circuits, software, industrial automation and control and semiconductor technologies. However, we welcome all inquiries and discussions related to patents involving electronic or electrical systems, software implementation, products, devices and services.
For more information regarding our capabilities and services please contact us.